KATIE'S PALEO PROTEIN PANCAKE BITES
I have had alot of questions about these bad boys whenever I excitedly post them on my instagram in the mornings. So let's talk about my August STAPLE breakfast. That's right, I go through phases with my breakfasts where I get absolutely obsessed and eat the same breakfast until I eat myself sick of it. Literally. In saying that, I will NEVER get sick of protein pancakes. So much so, sometimes I'll go completely overboard & I have them for lunch if I'm feeling sweet. Since I was a little girl, I have always been and will always be a sucker for pancakes. Make me pancakes and you have my heart.
The best thing about these pancakes bites is they're COMPLETELY guilt free, nutritious, clean and DELICIOUS (If I do say so myself). Sometimes protein pancakes can be a tricky thing to master, there are so many different ways to make them & there are a million (almost) substitutes you can use for ingredients. I've found personally, it's just trial and error to see really what you like the taste of and what you can reap the most benefits from.
Here's what works for me;
This recipe should make approximately 6 pancake bites or 2 generous sized pancakes.
(Yes my appetite is ridiculous - you can halve this amount if your stomach isn't so selfish or you can save some for afternoon tea)
- 2 cups of blanched almond meal
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup of water or sparking water (sparking water tends to make puffier pancakes, but we all know it breaks the budget)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (optional)
- A PINCH of salt (follow this step wisely or you will regret)
- A teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 scoops of Giant Sports Protein powder in vanilla (optional - if you choose to go without protein powder, I would suggest you add in a natural sweetener of your choice and a couple of drops of vanilla extract)
Mix all together and boom you have a majestic protein pancake mix. Pop a little bit of coconut oil in the pan and use a tablespoon to place your pancake bites in. The only difference with these pancakes is they won't bubble ontop! So just turn when they are golden brown underneath :)
I like to serve mine with fresh berries, PB2 or some raw Coconut ice cream!